Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Orange is the new black....



And I'm not talking about the latest book or TV show! I'm talking about getting a bit more daring with your design. Sure black is a mainstay and a great anchor to your décor, but orange can really pack a punch and take your design up a notch! 

Each month +Pantone  selects a new color of the month. April happens to be Celosia Orange, Pantone # 17-1360. What was once considered a fall color is making an appearance this spring! It's fun. It's fresh. And maybe a bit unexpected...This cheery tone is the perfect pop of color for springtime, wouldn't you say?

Some of my favorite paint colors happen to be orange! For this fun summer cottage I used +Sherwin Williams  Serape SW 6656.


 Not sure what to pair with your favorite shade of orange without feeling like it's Halloween? There are more possibilities than you may think! Orange pairs beautifully with blues, greys, reds, hot pinks, turquoise and more! Here I used +Benjamin Moore Paints AF 230 Buttered Yam for the upper portion of this dining room.

Need some more inspiration? Check out +This Old House this month! I think you'll find yourself falling in love with this sassy color. Here are a few of my favorite featured photos.


This is one of my favorite ways to treat a fireplace and really make it a focal point in your room. Many people don't think to paint the brick surround, but it can really make a difference, as you can see here.

Recently I found these fun appliances from Big Chill! Oh how I dream of incorporating these into a kitchen design for one of my clients! They are retro, and hip all wrapped up in this spicy shade of orange.


However, if you can't quite commit to a fresh coat of paint or a new set of appliances, try something a little more subtle. I was in search of some really fresh and fun fabrics for one of my current clients and came across these from +Duralee.

This guy is my favorite. Love, love, love the octopus! I must, and I mean MUST use this fabric for one very lucky client. Who's in??




 Why not try incorporating some orange into your home? Let me know how it goes and I promise I won't say "Orange you glad you tried it?"

Until next week,

Renee






No comments:

Post a Comment